Collection and Use of Personal Membership Data by JCI Malaysia
JCI Malaysia (JCIM) recognizes the importance of protecting the private information of our members. JCIM collects personal information about JCI Malaysia members to facilitate communications with and between our members. This information is used solely to further JCIM’s purposes including to conduct its necessary operational activities including:
- Dues and other billings
- Distribution of JCIM newsletter and membership/officer information and updates
- Compilation of membership profiles and trends to support membership growth, extension and retention programs
- Convention and meeting planning
- Contact information for JCIM leaders, including Executive Committee, National Vice President (NVP), Commission Chairperson, National Projects, Appointees and Special Assistant
- Furtherance of Public Relations activities and Cooperative Alliances
- Support of JCI Foundation and other adopted service programs
- Special advertising, non-dues revenue programs or other purposes in accordance with the Purposes and Objects as determined by the Executive Committee
- Disclosure of information as required by law or that is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations
JCIM protects personal information by using password-protected areas and by restricting access to such information. It is important that you protect your password.
Any payment information collected is protected by software during transmission, which encrypts all of your personal information so that it can be safeguarded over Internet channels. We reveal only a limited part of your credit card number when confirming an order.
The JCIM member list only available for JCI Member and president only. Individuals, who are granted access to the official directory or any documents that contain personal information of members, may only use the information to further the purposes of JCIM and must agree to delete all such records after use.
In order to use certain features of our website, you may be asked to share personal information. Registration is voluntary. However, you must register to participate in these portions of the website. While registration requires the disclosure of personal information, you can control how we use your information by updating your electronic communications preference profile.
By providing your email address, you are consenting (opting in) to receive information from JCI Malaysia. You may opt out (unsubscribe), change your email notification setting or adjust preferences in your subscription profile.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOU SHOULD NOT USE OUR WEBSITE.
Privacy Recommendations for JCI Malaysia
JCIM member or president should consider your privacy practices and follow similar guidelines when using the personal information of members, or that of other individuals obtained in the course of conducting your activities. You should consider obtaining written permission before disclosing any personal information including names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, etc. You should also be cautious when posting any personal information on the Internet or sharing email addresses with third parties. Please be aware that LOCAL LAWS MAY GOVERN THIS ISSUE and these laws vary widely from country to country, so you should seek advice from a local expert for more information before any personal information is used
If you have any concerns or questions about these policies, please contact JCI Malaysia at 018-205 9883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.